GARAGE DOORS INVERNESS
Call Us Today
01463 838 012
01738 717 013
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Maintenance & Repairs
At Gladiator, we want your door to operate smoothly for you long after we have left.
Here are a few simple things you can do yourself, every year or so, to keep your
door running trouble-
1. Give all rollers, hinges, roller tracks, and latches a good squirt with a penetrating
solvent like WD-
2. Wipe everything clean, then apply a light oil, such as 3-
3. If any rollers or hinges seem stuck, try to soak them in some kerosene. Use a small brush (an old toothbrush works great) to work the kerosene into the cracks. Remove any rust with steel wool. Wipe all parts clean, then apply lubricant.
4. Garage door maintenance is often needed on the door opener. If your garage door opener is operated by a chain or drive screw, apply the same lubricant to the full length.
5. Check any weather stripping along the sides of the doors. Adjust if it is jamming against the sides, and replace if necessary.
6. If your garage door is wood and it doesn't have bottom weather stripping, make sure it has been sealed or painted. Touch up as needed, and consider adding weather stripping.
As well as the above maintenance, it is recommended that you have your garage door serviced every few years in order to keep it running well and prevent potentially expensive problems arising. Just give us a ring to arrange to have your door serviced.
Sometimes things go wrong with your garage door and it isn’t something you can repair yourself. If that happens, just give us a call at Gladiator and we will try to arrange a visit to diagnose and solve your garage door problems.